Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
Job Code: PROD112
Number of Position: 4
CNC Machinist downloads the program into the machine, loads the proper cutting tools into the tool holder, position the work piece on the CNC machine or other machine – and then start the machine.
- 3++ years of experience with setup and operating with Mori Seiki Mill 3, 4 and/ or 5 axis machines;
- A certificate of completion in Machining Technology training or equivalent is highly preferred;
- Must be able to read and interpret GD&T drawing;
- Must be able to inspects work for all dimensional features as required;
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and a working knowledge of cutting tools and their application;
- Must demonstrate knowledge of normal CNC machines requirements such basic program editing, inspection techniques, shop math, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime as required;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision;
- Must have your own basic inspection tools;
- Great knowledge in machining operations and processes;
- Familiar with AS9100 Quality Management System a plus;
- Must be a US Person.
- S. person as defined by ITAR (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for set-up and operate CNC machines;
- Capability to read and understand technical drawings, following of written and verbal instructions to perform technical work and operate CNC machines;
- Capability to use inspection tools (like height gauge, optical comparators, thread gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, verniers, indicators, etc.) to check in-process work for adherence to certain specification and complete written inspection reports;
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs without the use of lifting devices;
- Capable to set-up/ operate more than one machine at one time;
- Adequate vision to perform all duties (corrective lenses are acceptable);
- Sufficient hearing to distinguish unusual machine noises, indicating machining difficulties;
- Responsible for accurately completing paperwork relating to counts, scrap, time, etc. according to Company policy;
- Responsible for making edits and adjustments as required to produce parts to work orders/ blue print specifications;
- Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance program, supplemental insurance, flexible spending arrangement, health savings account, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Note: this is not a full job description.