Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
Job Code: PROD112
Number of Position: 1
As a provider of excellence and quality, TL Machine supports the manufacturing community from small to large companies, and has proudly supported businesses through 20+ years of loyalty. We have been privileged to serve all industries including medical, defense, commercial aerospace, oil & gas, and recreation.
CNC Lathe Setup Machinist downloads the program into the machine, loads the proper cutting tools into the tool holder, position the work piece on the CNC machine or other machine – and then start the machine.
- 3++ years of experience with setup and operating with Mori Seiki Mill Turning and/ or 2-axis Lathe with live tooling machines;
- A minimum certificate of completion in Machining Technology training or equivalent is required;
- Must be able to read and interpret GD&T drawing;
- Must be able to work close tolerances;
- Must be able to inspects work for all dimensional features as required;
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and a working knowledge of cutting tools and their application;
- Must demonstrate knowledge of normal CNC Lathe requirements such basic program editing, inspection techniques, shop math, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime as required;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision;
- Must have your own basic inspection tools;
- Great knowledge in machining operations and processes;
- Familiar with AS9100 Quality Management System a plus;
- Must be a US Person.
- S. person as defined by ITAR (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for set-up and operate CNC Lathe machine and CNC Mill Turning centers – training for Mill Turning centers will be provided;
- Capability to read and understand technical drawings, following of written and verbal instructions to perform technical work and operate CNC Mill Turning/ Lathe centers;
- Capability to use inspection tools (like height gauge, optical comparators, thread gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, verniers, indicators, etc.) to check in-process work for adherence to certain specification and complete written inspection reports;
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs without the use of lifting devices;
- Capable to set-up/ operate more than one machine at one time;
- Adequate vision to perform all duties (corrective lenses are acceptable);
- Sufficient hearing to distinguish unusual machine noises, indicating machining difficulties;
- Responsible for accurately completing paperwork relating to counts, scrap, time, etc. according to Company policy;
- Responsible for making edits and adjustments as required to produce parts to work orders/ blue print specifications;
Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance program, supplemental insurance, flexible spending arrangement, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, health savings account.
Note: this is not a full job description.