Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
Job Code: PROD112
CNC Lathe Setup Machinist downloads the program into the machine, loads the proper cutting tools into the tool holder, position the work piece on the CNC machine or other machine – and then start the machine.
– 3++ years prior CNC machining center setup and operating experience with Mill Turning and/ or Lathe machines;
– A minimum certificate of completion in Machining Technology training or equivalent is required;
– Must be able to read and interpret GD&T drawing;
– Must be able to work close tolerances;
– Must be able to inspects work for all dimensional features as required;
– Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and a working knowledge of cutting tools and their application;
– Must demonstrate knowledge of normal CNC Lathe requirements such basic program editing, inspection techniques, shop math, etc.
– Must have a status of a US permanent Resident or a U.S. Citizen;
– Must be able to work overtime as required;
– Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision;
– Must have your own basic inspection tools;
– Great knowledge in machining operations and processes;
– Familiar with AS9100 Quality Management System a plus;
– Must be a US Person.
– U.S. person as defined by ITAR (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for set-up and operate CNC Lathe machine and CNC Mill Turning centers – training for Mill Turning centers will be provided;
– Capability to read and understand technical drawings, following of written and verbal instructions to perform technical work and operate CNC Mill Turning/ Lathe centers;
– Capability to use inspection tools (like height gauge, optical comparators, thread gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, verniers, indicators, etc.) to check in-process work for adherence to certain specification and complete written inspection reports;
– Capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs without the use of lifting devices;
– Capable to set-up/ operate more than one machine at one time;
– Adequate vision to perform all duties (corrective lenses are acceptable);
– Sufficient hearing to distinguish unusual machine noises, indicating machining difficulties;
– Responsible for accurately completing paperwork relating to counts, scrap, time, etc. according to Company policy;
– Responsible for making edits and adjustments as required to produce parts to work orders/ blue print specifications;