- Responsible for reviewing and disposition of Non Conformance (NC) parts of machined parts, and outside source processed parts.
- Responsible for reviewing Engineering Change Notice (ECN) processes and following the critical path of the ECN’s disposition.
- Review and approve customers’ requirements, Quality Clauses, T&Cs, and specifications and flow down to planning realization.
- Individual must have strong knowledge of ASME 14.5, GD&T, and drawing interpretation
- Represent quality in NPI meeting to bring up any quality issues and to ensure that customer requirements can be achieved.
- Assist Procurement group in the selection of prospective suppliers by conducting on-site and surveillance audits.
- Maintain supplier audit results, supplier scorecard and performance metrics. Collect and analyze supplier quality data and on time deliveries data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review customer’s requirement to ensure outside source supplier can meet the customer’s requirement as specified in Purchase Order, and customer drawing.
- Lead production, quality, and programmer for continuous improvement and take a proactive approach to prevent nonconformance from occurrence.
- Participate in QMS meetings and present purchased part or product quality issues.
- Lead Material Review Board to review non-conforming material and disposition.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis to eliminate nonconformance and prevent from reoccurrence.
- Collaborate with the supplier to follow up with pending quality issues, corrective action response and its corrective action implementation and effectiveness.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum 5 years of Quality Engineering experience in aerospace and defense industry;
- 3 years of experience in a Quality System Auditing capacity;
- Experience in manufacturing is highly preferred;
Work Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and ASME 14.5Y
- A solid understanding of AS9100 Quality System requirements
- Strong familiarity with mechanical and physical inspection techniques (calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, blueprint reading, optical comparator, etc.)
- Strong project planning skills and a strong focus on meeting customer needs;
- Strong knowledge in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and “do it right the first time” attitude;
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in education and experience;
- U.S. Citizen or Permanente Resident;
Employee’s Benefits Offering:
Paid vacation/ sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, FSA, a section 125 plan, bonus, retirement plan, etc….
Southern California-based TL Machine is a leader in advanced part and CNC machining with a 15-year history of excellence in manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, and sales and technical support.